You can already understand the causes of depression and when you remove them you will be cured of this disease. This is what I call “a combinational approach to tackling the causes of depression.”
My relative searched for the causes of the depression and managed to remove them for 19 days. Here are the reasons for this treacherous disease.
What are the causes of depression? Regarding depression, the reasons for it are more than one. They can be external or internal. The external ones are: physical changes and illnesses, stressful environmental factors and, above all, emotional shocks such as heavy personal loss, problematic relationships, financial problems, and any life-related change associated with high stress – including those that are desired.
The “inner” causes of depression are much more difficult to identify. Some people are more prone to depression and this is due to hereditary factors. If there are no external causes for depression, such people may never be able to unlock it.
Therefore, predisposition or individual disposition is one of the main things that are taken into account in seeking help. Personality can also cause depression. These are the low self-esteem and the pessimistic view of life.
With the same factor, different people react differently – some can trigger depression and others do not. Deep causes of depression are rooted in early childhood and upbringing. Attitude is the way you relate to others and how you bear the losses and difficulties in life.
These “prints” or patterns are imperceptibly transposed into the present, influencing your assessment, and your reactions to circumstances and events enliven. That is why in psychotherapy, help to overcome depression, draws attention to emotional memory and thus seeks the knowledge that would help your personality regain their balance. Most often, the cause of the depressive condition lies in a combination of hereditary, psychological and environmental factors.
What makes you fall into depression? Can we help ourselves? Let’s look at the answers to these questions together …
We do not disturb the events, but the personal meaning you give them. Your attitude to the things that happen to you, and more precisely the negative attitude you give them makes you sick with depression. All psychological disorders are due to the negative distortion of the information.
This leads to misconceptions and insurmountable barriers to achieving the goals we want. To deal with depression, it’s important to understand the reasons for it.
- When you say hardly “No” – That means you lack assertiveness – that is, the ability to proclaim, defend and defend our rights, thoughts, feelings, desires, unwanted ones, without denying or humiliating others. My relative learns of assertive behavior. Assertiveness can be illustrated as follows: first, you acknowledge the right of the other to express their position and then express your desires and affirmation. For example, “You may feel sad and tired, but I need time for myself.”
How I helped: Learn to say “No” – when she wants to say “No”; and “Yes” – when he wants to say “Yes”. This is respect for both yourself and others. Shows mature and healthy affirmation of privacy.
- When you do not express your anger with one person , one of his possible transformations is in depression. My close acquaintance is important for two reasons: first, your subconscious understands that it is a man and this is the second, when you speak in a first person singular you assume greater responsibility for what is happening in your inner world and that that surrounds you.
How I helped: She accepted and recognized her right to feel emotions, including anger. How did he deal with anger? She just started doing sports. Thus he consumed a great deal of energy and was free of anger. She realized that if she did not respect her feelings, perhaps others would not respect them.
- Too much to please and adapt to others, to the degree of depersonalization – this is ultimate masochism, accompanied by frustration for “unrecognized efforts and merits.” Then depression acquires the meaning of: “I am angry because I am dissatisfied; and – feel guilty that I am ill. ” Again, the assertive approach can help you.
How I helped: He started to do things for himself, without guilt, and with the consciousness that it neither hurt nor damages others.
- When your self-esteem is low – there is a negative self-perception that is reflected in thoughts of unsuitability, insignificance that you are unwanted, useless, useless. She finished the sentence “I am …” 12 times. For example: “I am smart” and saw that along with your shortcomings you have positive qualities. Every day, he was running small challenges in his everyday life. For example, she prepared a dish that was new to her.
How I helped: Increase self-esteem, knowing that this is happening through our behavior and coping with difficulties.
- When you think about things that make your mood worse.
How did you help yourself: “Allow” in your thoughts and consciousness positive thoughts to build a new conviction and “vision” – for the good, the good, the beauty – in us, in others and in the world. Eventually, and day and night there is a dark and bright side. Do not think polarized. Things are neither white nor black. Look for the golden environment and you will see that the “medal” has two sides. Your attitude towards things makes them the way they are.
- When you are too conscientious and perfectionist.
How I helped: He refused to perfectionism – because he first ignored his human side; second – shows that he competes with others for victory (what ?!); thirdly, perfectionism always impedes action and leads to anxiety. Perfectionism is a sign of neurosis. Dealing with neurotic symptoms and perfectionism has disappeared.
- When you are too ambitious and focused on excellence – then every step back is experienced as a catastrophe, and failure – as something irreparable. Put her close and not high goals and her self-esteem increased. How did you do it: Review your ambitions – some of them turned out to be unrealistic, and they realized that from a “failure” we could learn much more than success.
- When it is difficult to separate – When proximity (in the case of depressed persons, proximity is mixed with confusion) is a fundamental value, every separation, rejection, loss is extremely difficult. Give meaning to the event and consider what resources you have to deal with the loss. Resources can be financial resources, help from friends or family, somatic condition, housing, and more.
How I helped: Learn to “play and divide” – in the end, the price we pay to grow it is in the ability to separate – with situations and people.
- When you look at life as filled only with pleasant experiences – then the inevitable mental discomfort is experienced as fatal. Do not forget that things in life are neither good nor bad. The darkest is the night before dawn.
How I helped: I realized that the presence of temporary emotional discomfort is a normal part of everybody’s life, and that productive and creative solutions at this time are the best we can overcome.
- When you suppress your aggression – understood as living energy, that is, we do not point it out but inside. Learn to react differently to angry outbursts in something constructive. The most common example is when aggressive energy becomes a profession. For example, surgery or boxing.
How I helped: There is no low and high energy – it is free flowing or clogged. Instead of directing aggression / living energy inwardly, give it a constructive expression.
- When you refuse to take responsibility for yourself.
How I helped her: she realized that her feelings, desires, unwanted interests, needs, life, were his responsibility. For them, care is hers and, if she wants to be nice, to create the circumstances, to take the initiative, to make the necessary decisions.
When you are depressed, you can hardly explain the cause of your condition. In most cases, depression does not develop as a result of a single event. On the contrary, it is the result of many factors, including biological and genetic set-ups, besides the failure to achieve our own goals and our woes …
12.A biology question …
Medicine is not yet aware of what happens to a person’s brain in depression, but there are definitely differences in the synthesis of some substances, especially neurotransmitters.
Through the neurotransmitters, the brain sends certain commands to the body. For example, it causes the heart to beat, to the lungs to breathe, to the stomach to digest. They affect mood, sleep, your ability to concentrate, your weight, etc. And they carry a number of negatives for our body and our health as a whole when there is an imbalance in their synthesis. And that is why stress and tension can affect, inadequate diet – scarce food or overeating – the genetic background, the toxic encounter, the use of drugs, alcohol and caffeine …
- The propensity for depression is inherited …
Studies have found that a tendency to depression is transmitted to the family. It is very likely that parents or grandparents who suffer from emotional disorders will also encounter this problem in the offspring. Experts suggest that this is due to the transmission of certain genetic material that somehow plays a role in the formation of responses and resistance to stress. This is not just about passing a stereotype of behavior in the family, as there are cases where children who are being separated from biological parents show a tendency to depression typical of them, although they are educated in a completely different model.
- Discrimination is detected by gender
Women twice as often fall into depression than men. The factor is the hormonal changes that occur in the female organism associated with reproductive capacity for each month separately and with age. In the past, society has not provided the opportunity for women to pursue an occupation. They are realized only as housewives, wives and mothers, which can lead to depression.
To date, women’s social roles have increased significantly. Women work, build a career, take care of the family. Increasing the duties leads to severe stress, which in turn leads to depression. Women are less stressful before menstruation. The influence of emotional equilibrium has any hormonal change, whether because of a health problem, pregnancy or menopause. Critical periods include pregnancy, postpartum and menopause.
But. Let us not forget that the depression does not pass by the representatives of the strong sex because they are even more serious, severe and often fatal …
- Years Depressed …
As we age, we become more susceptible to stress. This can be explained by the way and the quality of life in later years – adults are loner, divorce possible, homelessness, essential loss is the loss of a family partner … Anxiety can be explained by purely physical weakness the elderly person who is gradually losing his independence to deal not only with the challenges of the day but also with the usual weekly activities.
Additionally, the elderly person is already burdened with illnesses that contribute to overexposure to the previous problem. Any major change, including desirable, can cause depression. For example, marriage.
At the same time, we should not overlook the fact that children, especially teenagers, are prone to depression. It is not easy for them to become adults. Hormonal changes, newly discovered things in life make them vulnerable to depression. One of the group of people in whom depression takes life is precisely these slightly older children.
- Health is an important factor
There are conditions that directly affect mood, regardless of age, such as thyroid disease and chronic pain. Others influence in a direct and indirect way – for example, the presence of heart disease or diabetes affects individual independence, and compliance with a number of conditions is required to maintain good health, which in most cases is detrimental to maintaining good self-esteem. Cancer is a real scourge of the psyche … If a person has a physical disability he will be difficult to move, he will be dependent on other people, which affects the mental state.
17. Emotional trauma takes years of life and more …
Regardless of their character – whether because of the loss of a loved one, divorce, betrayal, loss of work or home, even more in the case of violence, events of this kind have a very traumatic character for our psyche.
It is normal to fall into sadness, to lose vitality in such cases, but when depression goes on for too long, the risk of falling into severe depression is high. The hand given to relatives at similar events is an invaluable gesture. And to seek professional help is not a manifestation of weakness, but rather of strength and reason to resist injustice in life. In addition, untreated grief can lead to serious mental problems.
- In fact, every single change …
In fact, any change in your life path may be a key to the slippery path of loss of emotional equilibrium and falling into more severe mental disorder. Marriage, the appearance of a child, the change of work, and the place of residence are part of the more serious changes in life that experience our personal abilities to deal with the new.
19. Taking medications and addictions
Taking medicines, especially in chronic illnesses, is upset by itself. You have to follow a certain discipline so you do not break the schedule or suffer the side effects. On the other hand, each drug affects the biology of the body, and there are also effects on a number of processes, including mood. Some also directly affect certain brain functions.
There is a similar problem with alcohol and banned substances. There is no alcoholic in a good mood, as no drug addict who is not depressed …
Most people are not able to figure out why they feel depressed. Many hide and refuse to admit their depression. Regardless of the case, it is more important that depression is not seen as personal failure.
It can not be a derivative of character. No one is protected from falling into such a deficient mental state. As a mistake, it can only be considered – surrendering to despair – instead of mobilizing the other forces to deal with depression and find yourself.
All this may help you understand the causes of depression and how to help. Never forget that if you fail to do it yourself there are specialists to turn to.
If you liked this article, please support us at Facebook.